Chova Viscolam 65 Mass Loaded Vinyl is an elastic high density viscous membrane, specially designed to improve sound insulation in various soundproofing systems. It is an excellent barrier to noise transmission due to material properties such as high density (1600 kg / m3), strong isolation factor and required elasticity.
- Thickness (mm): 2mm / 4mm / 6mm
- Density (kg / m3): 1600 kg / m³
- Average weight (kg / m²): 3.2 – 9.6
- Sound insulation (Rw, dB): Upto 67 dB for airborne and impact noise
- Theoretical calculations. Test LABEIN B130 by CT-109 I
- Cut a portion of ViscoLAM according to the size of the partition designed for soundproofing using a cutting tool.
- Fix ViscoLAM on the gypsum board in any of the following ways:
- Through metal screws with fixing washer
- Using brackets (8, 10 or 12 mm)
- By contact glue.
- Placing must be done against gypsum board joints.
- Repeat the following steps the required number of times according to the soundproofing system you selected.
- Reinforcement of acoustic systems with wooden constructions or plasterboard.
- Cases with limited space for sound insulation
- Acoustic insulation and vibration reduction in metal sheet structures.
- Design of various acoustic solutions and alternatives such as doors, screens, soundproof walls.