Knauf glasswool is made using recycled glass and with ECOSE® Technology, a revolutionary binder based on rapidly renewable materials instead of petro-based chemicals. It reduces embodied energy and contains no added phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or articial colours. Knauf ECOSE® rolls can improve Rw ratings in wood stud construction by 3 to 5 decibels and in metal stud construction by 8 to 10 decibels, depending on the complexity of the wall configuration and the thickness/density. These rolls can be used for both exterior and interior walls. Super-soft to handle and install, Knauf glass wool is made using up to 80% recycled glass and with ECOSE® Technology, a sustainable, bio-based binder that contains no added formaldehyde.
Features & Benefits:
- Sound absorbing with proven performance
- High thermal performance – year round comfort
- Soft to handle and install – no itching due to superior ECOSE™ Technology
- Saves energy – lower energy bills
- Preferred by professional installers concerned with quality, appearance and productivity.
- Excellent acoustical properties reduce sound transmission in the home when properly installed.
- Odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Highly resilient insulation recovers quickly to full thickness for a snug fit and superior finished aesthetics.
- Consistent quality materials feel good, cut easily and install fast.
- Low dust for easier handling and increased productivity. Convenient Packaging, Easier Handling
- Knauf glass wool rolls are packaged in a strong, poly bag that offers excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture
- No added formaldehyde
- 5 year warranty.
- Thickness: 50mm
- Est. R-Value: 0.7 m2 K/W
- Width: 1200 mm
- Length: 2 meter
- Pieces per Pack: 1.
- Thermal Conductivity: Meets ASTM C 518
- Thermal Resistance Meets ASTM C 653
- Specification Compliance: Meets AS/NZS 4859.1: 2002
- Fire Resistance: Meets ASTM E 136 – Non-combustible
- Corrosion Resistance: Meets ASTM C 665 – No greater than sterile cotton
- Water Vapour Absorption: Meets ASTM C 1104 – Less than 5% by weight
- Microbial Growth – Meets ASTM C 1338 – Does not support microbial growth
Knauf glass wool is free from CFCs, HCFCs and any other material with ozone depletion potential in the manufacture and content and represent no known threat to the environment.