Nankarrow GeoWool™ is a nature-based insulation made of pure volcanic stone, a safe and sustainable material that continues to perform and lasts throughout the lifetime of the building. It is designed and manufactured to achieve excellent acoustic insulation performance in all types of drywall partition configurations. Nankarrow GeoWool™ is a semi-rigid, resilient, non-combustible rock mineral wool slab manufactured in a density of 100kg/cubic meter, this density is not available with any other manufacturer in India.
Nankarrow GeoWool™ is a multi-application product for use in built-up metal roofs and walls, pitched roof constructions between rafters, intermediate and separating floors. GeoWool™ is used extensively in OEM applications for fabrication of thermal, acoustic and fire products.
Nankarrow GeoWool™ Rock Mineral Wool products offer a wide range of benefits, and can be used in an equally wide range of applications. These rock mineral wool slabs offer exceptional acoustic performance characteristics, as well as excellent thermal and fire-proof properties and are scientifically designed to provide a very high level of compression resistance.
Benefits of Nankarrow GeoWool™ mineral wool
- Superb acoustic performance
- Industry leading density – 100 kg/cubic meter giving excellent low frequency absorption
- Energy saving, for reduced energy bills and reduced CO2 emissions
- High insulation efficiency for maximum thermal comfort
- Non-combustibility: highest possible A1 fire classification according to European standards
- Excellent fire performance
- Very high operating temperatures, meaning that it is ideal for high performance fire protection applications in building and is also suitable for thermal insulation at extremely high temperatures (e.g. industrial process pipe work).
- Highly sustainable
- 5 year warranty
Performance Data (N. N. Andreyev Acoustics Institute, Russia)
- Size 1200mm x 600mm x 30mm (4ft x 2 ft x 1.18 inch)
- Density 100 kg/cubic meter
- Non-combustible with a melting point of approximately 750°C
- Average NRC is 1
- Fire resistant due to its high melting temperature
- Does not rot or promote growth of fungi or mildew
- Low moisture absorption
- Chemically inert; non-corrosive
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- CFC and HCFC free, product and process
- Made from natural & recycled materials
- Set of 10 (80 sq.ft.)
- Simple and fast installation
- No sagging/slumping within frame, rigidity lasts for a lifetime of a building
- Water repellent and moisture resistant
- Non-combustible and fire safe
Nankarrow GeoWool™ is odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
Handling and storage
Fast and easy installation
Before installing GeoWool™, make sure to clear away any dust or grease and dry the surface, and then place carefully over the surface to be insulated. Care should be taken to ensure that the GeoWool™ fits properly and no gaps are left at the joints. Depending on the surface and equipment, pins or spacers should be used to fix the GeoWool™ in place. Check the fiber orientation of the GeoWool™ before sandwiching in between two metal surfaces with glue. Utmost care should be taken to ensure that the fibers are oriented perpendicular to the width of the two metal surfaces, in order to achieve optimum compression strength.