Nankarrow GeoWool™ are high-standard semi-rigid slabs specifically used for acoustic and thermal insulation applications. These rock mineral wool slabs are available in a wide range of thicknesses and densities to suit most requirements, offering an excellent acoustic performance ideal for multiple applications including thermal insulation for walls, floors, boiler rooms and roofs. Designed to fit perfectly in the surrounding frame, making sure that no gaps caused by contraction and expansion of the structure. It is most effective and also successfully blocks the passage of sound, improving the acoustics of the building.
Nankarrow GeoWool™ Rock Mineral Wool slabs are environmentally friendly and made from recyclable material, also light and easy to cut in shape with a sharp knife. These slabs achieve an A1 classification in accordance with BS EN 13501-1 and therefore comply with the requirements of non-combustible materials/products. Also suitable for many applications including thermal insulation for floors, walls, roofs and boiler rooms. Ventilation plant in all types of buildings, offshore platforms and ships, acoustic ceilings and partition panels.
Application: Nankarrow GeoWool™ can be used in various places like Offices, Recording studios, Music rooms, Gymnasiums, Residential areas, Home theaters, Rehearsal rooms, Auditoriums, Conference Rooms, Hotels, Dubbing room, Generator rooms, Commercial places, etc.
- Installation: Light weight and easy to cut in shape with a sharp knife
- Water resistant: highly water repellent and non-hygroscopic
- Maintenance: Once installed these slabs need no maintenance
- Environment Friendly: Made from a renewable and plentiful naturally occuring resource.
Nankarrow GeoWool™ Premium Rock Wool Features:
- Excellent thermal, acoustic and fire insulation
- Water repellent and non-hygroscopic
- Can be fabricated / laminated
- Easy to handle and install, requires no maintenance
- Made from natural & recycled materials
- Chemically inert; non-corrosive
- Suitable for wide range of general building applications
- Does not rot or promote growth of fungi or mildew
- Resists high temperatures
- Energy saving, for reduced energy bills and reduced CO2 emissions
- Density 100 kg/m³ – industry leading, excellent low frequency absorption.
Nankarrow GeoWool™ Premium Rock Wool Specifications:
- Moisture Resistance: Moisture Sorption 0.04%
- Fire Performance (Non-Combustible): Behaviour of Materials at 750°C (1382°F)
- Thermal Resistance: R-value/inch @ 75°F (4.2 hr.ft².F/Btu***)
- Thermal Resistance: RSI value/25.4 mm @ 24°C (0.74 m²K/W)
- Maximum Service Temperature: ASTM C612 @ 1200°F (650°C)
- Fire Rating: Euroclass A1 to BS EN 13501-1
- Average NRC: 1
- Material Used: Natural & Recycled
- Dimension: 1200mm x 600mm x 30mm (4ft x 2 ft x 1.18 inches).
Handling & Storage
Nankarrow GeoWool™ is light in weight and easy to install, it can be cut to shape where necessary. These slabs are supplied in polythene packs which are designed for short term protection only, and for longer term protection on site, the products should either be stored indoors, or under cover and off the ground. Nankarrow GeoWool™ should not be left permanently exposed to the elements. Once installed these slabs need no maintenance.
Durability & Maintenance
Rock Mineral Wool slabs are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria. Also once installed, these slabs need no maintenance.
These slabs achieve an A1 classification in accordance with BS EN 13501-1 and therefore comply with the requirements of non combustible materials/products as per Building Regulations
Fast & Easy Installation
Before installing GeoWool™, make sure to clear away any dust or grease and dry the surface, and then place carefully over the surface to be insulated. Care should be taken to ensure that the GeoWool™ fits properly and no gaps are left at the joints. Depending on the surface and equipment, pins or spacers should be used to fix the GeoWool™ in place. Check the fiber orientation of the GeoWool™ before sandwiching in between two metal surfaces with glue. Utmost care should be taken to ensure that the fibers are oriented perpendicular to the width of the two metal surfaces, in order to achieve optimum compression strength.