IsoBarrier is a unique acoustic composite product combining the superior soundproofing performance of the flexible mass loaded vinyl, Isobrane, with Nankarrow’s NeoFill or NeoFill-HD acoustic foam. It reduces unwanted sound in applications such as partitions, HVAC systems, generator enclosures, industrial barriers, marine vessels and the transport industry.
Isobarrier’s high-performance is achieved by sandwiching the mass barrier between two layers of absorbing foam. It keeps the noise barrier separate from the structure it is bonded to, allowing for flexibility to reflect and absorb the transmission of sound. This allows the MLV to function as true limp mass.
Tests have revealed that increasing the thickness of the foam separating the barrier improves the product’s performance in some frequencies without affecting the overall weight. The combination of these properties allows Isobarrier to target a broad range of frequencies, making it one of the most versatile acoustic solutions in the global market place.
IsoBarrier is available in a variety of surface facing options to meet specified design requirements. Nankarrow offers aluminium foil metallised polyester, polyurethane film, and perforated vinyl finishing.
- Multifunction product: an absorber and barrier in one
- No ozone-depleting substances generated during manufacture
- Free from formaldehyde, phenolic resins and irritating fibres
- Engineered to resist degradation (foam rot) more than traditional acoustic foam
- Low spread of flame surface
- Quick and easily installed in awkward places
- Easy to cut, adhere or mechanically fasten into position
- Matching self-adhesive tape or sprayable coating for sealing joints and edges of the foam
- Can be constructed with other absorption products such as Melsorb melamine foam for lower weight
- For soundproofing wall, ceiling, and floor
- Highest levels of soundproofing
- Will not rot, warp, delaminate or disintegrate
- Easy to cut and fasten
- Air borne sound reduction varies between 15 & 30 db for the frequency range 100 – 3150 Hz according to the thickness of IsoBarrier™ Panel. When used in stud partitioning, a reduction of over 80 db can be achieved with suitable construction.