Nankarrow IsoBoard™ is a soundproof bonded magnesium oxide board made out of magnesium oxide, 15% pine wood bonded by polymeric fiber and cement. This makes for a revolutionary, waterproof, soundproof acoustic panel designed to improve impact and airborne noise transfer.
IsoBoard™ Acoustic Panels are constructed from three well established building materials – magnesium oxide, wood and cement. IsoBoard™ is a very dense product, light grey in colour and both faces have a hard smooth flat surface. Due to adoption of a special manufacturing process, the panel acquires the strength & durability of magnesium, & the easy workability of plywood – a combination of qualities absent in any other board. Magnesium Oxide is strong & durable, & is not affected by fire, weather, termites, etc. Wood is light & strong, & is easily machinable. As the magnesium oxide particles in the board are mineralized with chemicals during the manufacturing process, so the board become termite & vermin resistant.
|IsoBoard™||Plywood||Gypsum Board||Calcium Silicate Board||MgO Board|
|10mm + 10mm Partition on 2″ Frame||23dB||15dB||14dB||18dB||19dB|
|20mm + 20mm Partition on 2″ Frame||36dB||24dB||23dB||28dB||29dB|
Note: Adding one layer of Tecsound 100 between two 10mm Isoboard panels gives you an STC of 45db with a total thickness of only 25mm (1 inch). This is the preferred approach to critical soundproofing applications, such as recording studios and home theaters.
IsoBoard™ is three times as heavy as plywood, and thus has three times better soundproofing abilities. A 10mm thick panel of IsoBoard™ provides the same soundproofing as a 24mm thick plywood panel.
Application: It can be used in various places like Recording studios, Home theaters, Rehearsal rooms, Auditoriums, Dubbing rooms, Hotels, Restaurants, Voice Over (VO) Rooms, Cinemas, Generator rooms, etc.
- Excellent sound attenuation, acoustic dampening material with higher density and elasticity.
- Non-combustible Class A Building Material
- Excellent load-carrying capacities over spans up to 4 feet.
- Highly moisture resistant
- Resistant to fungus, termite/vermin, impact and general abuse.
- Non-toxic, contains no hazardous volatiles, asbestos or formaldehyde.
- Environmentally safe
- Dimension accuracy down to 1/16th inch, and highly stable.
- Installs and fabricates using standard carpentry tools and equipment.
- Nailable for shingle applications as roof sheathing.
- High fastener pull-out values.
- Stronger and more rigid to allow thinner material to do the same job
- Easier to work with using all types of hand tools and wood working equipment but also can be cut with quick score and snap faster than drywall
IsoBoard™ Panel Uses:
- For soundproofing wall, ceiling, and floor
- Highest levels of soundproofing
- Same properties as plywood, seamless finish.
- Will not rot, warp, delaminate or disintegrate
- Suitable for use in interior and exterior applications
- Easy to cut and fasten
- Air borne sound reduction varies between 30 & 37 db for the frequency range 100 – 3150 Hz according to the thickness of IsoBoard™ Panel. When used in stud partitioning, a reduction of over 60 db can be achieved with suitable construction.
Due to dense monolithic structure, installations throughout the world show that even without sealing, the cement bonded particle board suffers insignificant deterioration when exposed to extreme climatic conditions. The board can withstand any temperature from -40 to +90 deg. C.
IsoBoard™ Panel can be drilled, sawn, & sanded with normal wood working tools. For bulk volumes, IsoBoard™ should be cut with Tungsten Carbide tipped circular saw & drilled with high speed steel drill bits. It can be fixed using screws & nails. Pre-drilling a hole slightly bigger than the shank would be required.
IsoBoard™ Panel is light grey in colour with a smooth finish. It can be decorated with minimum preparation. IsoBoard™ can be finished with laminates, foils, & paints using Alkaline resisting adhesives, primers, & paints
IsoBoard™ Panel is highly fire resistant & has been classified as an incombustible material in many countries around the globe. Tested in accordance with BS 476 – Fire test on building materials & structures, Parts 6, 7 have classified it as a class ‘O’ building board with class I surface spread of flame. IsoBoard™ can be used for the construction of fire resistant building elements to satisfy the criteria of I.S.O. 834 – 1975 & I.S. 3809 – 1979 for 1/2 hour to 4 hours fire rating.
With cement constituting 62% of its composition, IsoBoard™ offers excellent resistance to weather. The board has been subjected to many cycles of soaking, freezing, & heating without any sign of disintegration. The board should generally be painted or for external applications to provide a weather seal.
Due to mineralisation of particles, IsoBoard™ Panel is resistant to termite & vermin attack. It also does not support fungal growth. Untreated samples exposed to contact with ground surface for several years have no sign of rot or decay. Further, IsoBoard™ is radiologically fit for use as per BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Center) test reports.