IsoMat™ is designed to form a resilient layer reducing impact noise transmission in concrete and wooden floors. In a concrete construction, IsoMat™ is laid as a membrane between a structural concrete floor of mass 300Kg/m2 and the finishing screed. For soundproofing an existing concrete floor, IsoMat™ is placed on the existing floor and covered by wooden, engineered wood, or vinyl floor tiles.
The Nankarrow IsoMat™ is consistently popular with end users due to both the high acoustic performance it offers and the unparalleled ease of installation. IsoMat™ is installed as easily as conventional carpet underlay but with the added benefit of superior noise insulation. It does not limit access: it is simply laid under most floor finishes and replaces existing underlay. 18mm Nankarrow IsoMat™ is a remarkably cost-effective and one of the quickest and most effective acoustic solutions on the market. It increases airborne sound insulation and reduces impact noise transmission so much that there is no need for the installation of false floors or false walls. Nankarrow IsoMat™ not only increases minimum ceiling height, but it also reduces labour and materials costs considerably. It is made from an acoustic foam, which does not harden or crumble over time.
Nankarrow IsoMat™ is suitable for anyone looking to minimize both impact and airborne noise. Constructed using a resilient foam core bonded between two attenuating surfaces, it is the perfect insulating material.
Nankarrow IsoMat™ measures 18mm thick and is supplied in width of 1220mm (1.2 meters). You can select the specific length in square feet while ordering the product. It can be loose laid or bonded to the floor or fitted tight up to the perimeters without the need for an isolating strip. IsoMat™ will not transmit vibrations into the walls. Sheets should be laid in a brick pattern, with staggered joints, and butted tight together.
Nankarrow IsoMat™ is a non-fibrous, fire retardant (FR), closed cell, tri-dimensional crosslinked polyethylene foam. It works by creating a vapour barrier with good compression strength. It is certified ‘Class O’ in Fire Propagation and ‘Class 1’ in Surface Spread of Flame as per BS 476 Part 6 & Part 7 respectively. Nankarrow IsoMat™ is an environment friendly insulation material, with a perfect solution for all your insulation needs for soundproofing your floor. IsoMat™ is made up of thousands of tiny cross-linked cells. Therefore even if some cells become punctured, it continues to perform, low thickness loss over long time periods.
You can install this under your existing flooring – tiles, wooden, vinyl, etc.
Nankarrow IsoMat™ Key Benefits:
- Reduces impact noise in floors
- 18mm thick (Master Roll Size 20m x 1.22m)
- High compression strength
- Easy to lay and cut
- Good vapour barrier
- Good chemical resistance
- Does not deteriorate
Nankarrow IsoMat™ Features:
- ‘Class O’ in fire propagation and ‘Class 1’ in surface spread of flame
- 92% closed cell – Negligible water/moisture absorption
- Wide operating temperature range from -40°C to + 115°C
- Low and stable ‘K’ value
- Chemically inert
- Resistant to growth of fungi and vermin
- Non-fibrous, non-toxic and non-carcinogenic.
- Environment & user friendly
- Easy to install.
Nankarrow IsoMat™ Applications:
- Acoustic Floor – Stops impact sound leakage
- HVAC duct insulation
- AC / Humidification duct insulation
- Underdeck insulation.
- Recording Studios & Home Theaters
- Auditoriums & Cinema Halls
- All Residential Buildings, bungalows, and duplex apartments
- Pharmaceuticals and Textile mills
- Airports, Hospitals, Medical and Diagnostic centers
- Shopping malls and Multiplexes
- IT, BPOs and other Commercial buildings
- PEBs, Industrial, Factory and Poultry sheds
- Food processing industry
- Data centers, Server rooms, Standard rooms etc.
- Computerized control rooms for Petrochemicals, Power plants, Steel plants
- Manufacturing units, Networking stations and many more.