The Nankarrow IsoMat-HD™ is is a versatile acoustic absorber designed for use in a variety of different acoustic applications. It is a high performance sound absorber which offers barrier (transmission loss) performance, combined with both vibration damping and de-coupling (isolation) properties.
Made of very high density open -cell nitrile rubber, the IsoMat-HD™ is eminently suitable for sound proofing in industrial applications, and in commercial and domestic situations requiring an impact sound barrier product combined with high performance airborne sound dampening characteristics. It has a density of 220kg/m3.
Delivering optimal performance at lower thickness than traditional material, IsoMat-HD™ is a uniquely advanced open cell acoustic insulation material.
For residential soundproofing, IsoMat-HD™ is ideal for sound absorption under wooden, vinyl, carpet, and tile flooring. The sheet is black in colour with small open pores visible on each outer surface that allow for entry of sound waves which are then absorbed internally by the heavy density material.
The expanded and open-cell structure of IsoMat-HD™, combined with its flexibility, also makes it ideal for the barrier insulation of engine and compressor boxes and bays, cabinets, pipes, duct-work, vessels and curved and irregular surfaces.
In addition to this barrier absorption performance the viscoelastic properties of this nitrile sponge rubber also make it a premium product for vibration dampening and decoupling (isolation). This sheet is effective in dampening resonance effects in metal panel work which helps to reduce associated “re-radiation” effects. When used as isolation pads it reduces structure-borne noise transmission.
Offering superior performance at lesser thickness than many alternative products this rubber sponge sound insulator has a Sound Absorption Coefficient (SAC) of 0.75 – 1.0 depending on the thickness.
This Nitrile Insulation Sheet is operationally stable for temperatures ranging from -40 to +100C. In case of fire the product is self-extinguishing when removed from the flame source.
This Insulation Sheet is suited to use in engine bays and boxes, being resistant to grease, mineral and vegetable oils, petrol and diesel fuel, to alcohol, and to weak acids; more-so than natural rubbers. It is attacked only by ozones, ketones, esters and aldehydes.
- Cell Structure: Open
- Composition: Nitrile Rubber Foam
- Density: 220 Kg/m3
- Operating Temperature: ‐40 – 90 °C
- Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) – 0.75 – 1.00 as per ASTM C423
- Environmental: CFC & HCFC Free
- Colour: Black
- Size: Custom-cut to sheets of 1 meter x 1meter (1000mm x 1000mm) for ease of installation
- Dual purpose – Excellent impact sound attenuation & air-borne sound dampening
- Reduction in airborne noise distractions as well as impact noise
- Fire retardant
- Will not rot, warp, delaminate or disintegrate
- Green building compliant
- CFC/HCFC free
- Resistant to moisture & chemicals
- Resistant to microbial and fungal growth
- Floor soundproofing (under wooden / vinyl / tile flooring)
- Wall & Ceiling soundproofing (behind gypsum / ply)
- Generator enclosure soundproofing
- Machine enclosure soundproofing