NanKarrow IsoClip™ Acoustic Wall Isolation & SoundProofing Clips provide two unique approaches to sound privacy that will prevent sound from noisy neighbors transmitting through your walls or floor/ceiling assemblies. Ceiling soundproofing that does not disconnect all the nails and screws may offer some improvement in airborne noise like voices, TV and stereo noise but it will not block footsteps from above or very low frequency noise like a Home Theater in either direction. Sound Isolation Clip Ceilings can do both and will outperform any other soundproof ceiling option available for the money. NanKarrow IsoClip™ Acoustic Wall Isolation & SoundProofing Clips is a vibration absorbing and IsoClip™ sound Isolation Clips are a space saving acoustic solution designed to completely isolate walls and ceilings.
Acoustic Designers wanting low-cost, space-saving ceilings and walls that provide superior noise control employ NanKarrow IsoClip™ Acoustic Wall Isolation & SoundProofing Clips. Offering significantly higher STC values than gypsum drywalls, IsoClip™ ensures that installers will not inadvertently screw through the “resilient” leg of the channel into the wall. This feature cannot be underestimated given the frequent occurrences where wall isolation is lost because the frame is hard-attached to wall.
How NanKarrow IsoClip™ Sound Isolation Clips Work
These clips are used to eliminate the hard connection of the wall substrate to the actual structural members (studs, frames, joists and trusses). Because of their unique design and the use of furring channels, this clip system actually supports the drywall, effectively floating and decoupling the assembly.
Noise creates energy waves that can actually vibrate through a partition; the lower the frequency the harder the waves are to stop. Floating/decoupling a wall or ceiling is the only way to effectively reduce the low frequency noise. Using our clips system in combination with acoustical caulks will help you do that.
The IsoClip™ Advantage
- Low cost for high performance Save Labour with IsoClip™
- 7-10dB improvement in sound isolation
- Flexible “snap-on” clips install quickly, and allow for height adjustments during installation of channel
- Error free installation of standard drywall furring channel. Eliminates accidental short circuiting common with resilient channel
- Easiest method for STC 55+ dry wall assemblies
- Can easily accommodate frame widths from 2″ – 2.75″
- Offers a robust and higher performing alternative to traditional wall and ceiling isolation methods
- Out-performs standard wall frame construction by 7dB – 10dB
- Withstands greater loads than standard systems to provide peace of mind for developers and dwellers
- Reduces the risk of error at installation stage as screws cannot be inadvertently attached to the stud or joist through the resilient area
- Works as a space saving solution for either existing or new wall constructions with minimal encroachment into living space
- For situations where fire protection is a consideration fire rated wall and ceiling systems are also available
- Offers one of the most cost effective methods available to achieve superior noise control in walls and ceilings while using standard materials