Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ QD1 is a two-dimensional diffusion panel that is best applied to walls or ceilings, providing multi-reflection on both vertical and horizontal planes in sound critical spaces. It performs on mid and high frequencies, brightening and clarifying sound.
Don’t risk missing results by simply putting random blocks in a series that are not calculated, as that will not give even acoustic diffusion. Make the room sound bigger with TRUE diffusion of high frequencies with our precision-cut, 23-root, two-dimensional Quadratic Diffusor.
So, let us explain Acoustic Diffusion.
What is diffusion?
While absorption is vital for any room an area that can’t be ignored is diffusion. Diffusion is the even spreading of sound waves from a direct source. So, if you have a small space diffusion can give the idea of a room being larger than it actually is by providing increased natural ambience. By having no absorption or diffusion installed in a space speech intelligibility is reduced and sound quality is degraded and while absorbent materials will help a great deal in solving that dedicated well designed diffusion such as our Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ acoustic diffusor will be much more effective.
Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ Acoustics diffuser panels gives your recording studio or listening environment a sense of spaciousness in your music by addressing the above issues without deadening the room too much. Sound diffusers scatter sound across two planes: horizontal (left & right) and vertical (up & down), which is called acoustic diffusion. This two-dimensional scattering broadens the soundscape and makes a room sound larger.
Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ diffusers you can be sure that your speakers or monitors don’t have a bommy sound , with an ill-defined mid-range, an aggressive high end and an uneven bass response where some notes boom out and others seem almost to vanish.
Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ can be used in control rooms, broadcast studios, live rooms, home theatres – anywhere a range of instruments and voices are recorded or heard, rehearsal rooms and other performance spaces.
Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ is made from from high quality Taiga Spruce Wood form Russian Snow Forest. It’s instantly alluring design results from unique research based on the acoustic properties of the wood. Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ to act as a diffuser, letting you tame reflections without rendering your room dead.
The panel’s elegant design enhances the visual appearance of any room. Thanks to its unique look and versatility, the Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ is one of our best sellers.
Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ is made from high quality Taiga Spruce Wood from the snow forests of Russia, the QuadraFuse™ is notable not only for its effective performance in solving problems like lack of speech intelligibility or music definition, but also for its premium design, gives interior decorators exciting new possibility for creative acoustic design that fits perfectly in any kind of room.
Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ QD1 2ft x 2ft Acoustic Diffuser Features
- Designed In Russia
- Fully CNC Laser Cut, With No Imperfections
- Two-dimensional QRD diffuser (based on prime number 7) with hemispherical sound scattering
- Design frequency: 1212 Hz
- Upper limit frequency: 2464 Hz
- Scattering effect at low frequencies up to 554 Hz
- High quality processed QRD diffuser
- Develops the scattering effect evenly in all room directions
- Despite low depth construction, a broadband effect is in the range of 654 to 2256 Hz
- Suitable for scattering hard reflections in the medium frequency range, thus minimising the colour of the sound by fluttering echoes and strong reflections, without dampening the room
- Temporal dispersion of the sound, small spaces will thereby appear acoustically “larger”
- Enhancing the sound characteristics of Hi-Fi listening rooms, home and project studios or recording rooms
- Exterior frame construction made of clear lacquered 12 mm birch ply
- Cell walls made of clear lacquered 6 mm Taiga spruce wood
- Cell size: 75 x 75 mm
- Panel dimensions: 600 x 600 x 80 mm
- Weight: 8 kg
Nankarrow QuadraFuse™ QD1 2ft x 2ft Acoustic Diffuser Applications
Recording and Broadcast Studios, Post Production Studios, Listening Rooms, Conference and Teleconference Rooms, Lecture Halls, Distance Learning Rooms, Public Spaces, Auditoriums, Performance Spaces, etc.