Acoustic laminated glass consists of two or more sheets of glass bonded together, or by one or more acoustic Polyvinyl Butyral interlayers, knows as PVB. This form of glass gives an improvement of 3db – 5db depending on the thickness of the PVB layer, when compared to ordinary toughened glass of the same thickness.
Laminated tempered glass also takes the idea of safety glass a step further. Tempered glass is very safe, but if somehow broken, still results in loose pieces of broken glass. Although dull, these can still be a hassle. Laminated safety glass keeps those pieces of glass safely in place.
Laminated acoustic glass is commonly used for luxury automotive windshields and windows, and is responsible for the amazing soundproofing within such vehicles.
- Recording Studio
- Video Production Studios
- Hotels, Pubs, Nightclubs, Gymnasiums
- Fixed Glass Glazing for Buildings
- Make: Saint Gobain Clear Toughened Glass
- Maximum size 2500 mm X 3660 mm. (Please contact us for larger sizes)
- Automatic PVB Lamination machine for fast productivity.
- Glass is manufactured using European products only. No Chinese materials like silicon, spacers etc are used.
- Aural Exchange will not be responsible for any discrepancies in customer provided measurements. Measurement accuracy is key.
How to Measure:
- Using a tape measure, measure the width from the inside of the jamb on one side of the window to the inside jamb on the other side of the window. Your jamb may be made from bricks and plaster, gypsum, plywood, granite, marble, etc.
- Repeat this step at the bottom, middle, and top of the existing jamb.
- Record the shortest measurement
- Measure the height from the head of the window (top of jamb) to the windowsill (bottom of jamb)
- Take three measurements: down the left side, right side and the middle
- Record the shortest measurement — this ensures that the new glass will fit