Good acoustic design of home theatres doesn’t happen by itself. Every detail must be carefully planned with thought given to sound isolation from the theatre to other parts of the house and next door and attention given to the room acoustics to eliminate echoes across broadband frequencies while providing good feedback of sound.
Nowadays home theatres surpass high-end commercial theatres with Atmos surround sound and high quality digital speakers with the ability to generate high levels of low frequency noise An architect can design the basics of a home theatre, however the input of an acoustical consultant is essential to achieving high quality acoustics in your theatre.
Why Aural Exchange?
Our experience in designing and building Dolby Atmos Premier certified recording studios as well as TV channel broadcast studios is what makes us the best in the country – these studios represent the pinnacle of cinematic acoustic design because that’s where high-end Atmos movie soundtracks are produced and mixed. Dolby’s studio certification process is considered the most difficult in the world – follow this link to see the requirements. Most home theatre consultants in India do not have true broadcast grade experience, and rely on opinion based consulting. Our consulting practice is not based on Youtube videos and hifi forums, but is instead a more fundamental approach towards acoustical design and best practices.
Aural Exchange makes technical specifications and designs for acoustically optimised home theatres. The company makes intensive use of computer technology. Even preliminary look and feel sketches prepared for homeowner input are based on 3D AutoCAD models that have been photo-realistically rendered and then post-processed to impart more of an artistic impression
Aural Exchange works collaboratively with the architects, builders, audio/video installers and homeowners involved in a project to achieve world-class results.
Impact and transient noise such as door slamming and footsteps; broadband noise such as that generated by a HVAC system; and low-noise such as electrical buzzing from components, all contribute to the degradation of the entertainment experience
Taking into account the room’s structural design, architectural features, and HVAC and electrical installations, specifications are made regarding acoustic treatment (use of absorbers, diffusors, reflective material, etc.) and specific installations. The psychoacoustic properties of the finished theatre are also considered. Rather than focus on the traditional approach of “money seats” we try to ensure that every seat has the same listening experience for optimal enjoyment
- Soundproofing & Isolation Specifications – STL & STC (Rw) confirming to ISO 16283-1:2014 measurement standard with simulation and analysis of sound transmission loss.
- Acoustic treatment recommendations specifically chosen to enhance the sound of your room (and look great on your walls). We will find an optimal balance of value, aesthetics and high performance to meet your goals.
- Room acoustics simulation and analysis showing your reverberation times (RT60) before and after treatment, so you can see how your sound will improve.
- Working Drawings – Elevations and floor plan, plus layer by layer sectional details including joinery details. Our drawings are self explanatory easily understood by contractors & carpenters
- Remote Build support – We offer upto 2 hours of direct phone, Skype, and Google Hangouts support to you and your build team during the studio build process to assist with doubts, problems, and bottlenecks